At Bryant Racing, your part starts with your prints and/or specifications: engine type; stroke; pin and main journal diameters; number and shape of counterweights; snout and keyway configuration. If we have an item number it (we have over 5000) your part is grouped into “lots” of similar cranks, given a serial number for our computerized tracking system and enters production.
Precision competition crankshafts are Bryant Racing’s ONLY product and we continually strive to update and pioneer every aspect of crankshaft manufacture and development to maintain our industry leadership for YOUR engine program.
Over the years, we have developed a strict protocol for the processes and the materials we use in building a Bryant Racing Crankshaft. Every single crank is treated the same from start to finish and everything is done “In House” to ensure that you receive the highest quality part that you have come to expect from us.
Our computerized “Captor” system allows us to follow each crank through every step of the production process.
- Finest Quality American Steels
- Heat treat, Cryo, Temper and Stress before machining and grinding results in “Through” hardness, which means a finished part that is more stable during racing service.
- Rod Lightening Holes
- Knife Edged or Airplaned Counterweights
- Rifle Drilled Mains
- Maximum Hand Detail from Experienced Personal
- Chamfered Oil Holes
- Superfinished Journals
- Optically Gauged to .0002”
- Extrude honed – Polished Oil Holes
- Ion Plasma Nitriding (See Tech Talk for more info)
- Balanced and Check Balanced (two different balancers, two different machines) to ensure the perfect balance.
- REM (ISF – Isotropic Superfinish) Process – The ideal surface finish for metal on metal contact .